I write science fiction and fantasy. But did you know I am also a science writer?
I hold a life science degree and years of research experience. While I currently do not work in science, I do write about it. I recently reentered the arena of science writing and had several articles published at SCIENCING. I’m going to list several of them for to explore. You will find a broad range of topics. They were tremendously satisfying to write! If you know someone looking for a science fair project idea, or you want to learn about the workings of DNA, or have some questions about the environment or physics, I hope you enjoy these!
- The Role of Taq Polymerase in PCR
- Real Life Parabola Examples
- What Breaks Apart a Double Helix of DNA?
- What Is the Electrical Impulse That Moves Down an Axon?
- Purpose of a Cell
- What Are the Benefits of Agriculture and Farmers?
- Differences Between Coding & Template Strands
- What Are Some Abiotic Factors in a Temperate Rain Forest?
- Modern Uses of a Catapult
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Economic Environment Factors?
- Everyday Uses of Biology
- Sequence of Steps in Monocot & Dicot Germination
- High School Investigatory Projects
- Different Topics for Investigatory Projects
- How to Calculate Population Projections
- Cosmetic Science Fair Project Ideas
Update as of February 6, 2020: I now have many more articles posted on my website, on a special page you can find called Science Writing Articles. It includes an exclusive interview with a Mars geologist as well. Since this original post, I have written dozens more articles, but have not compiled them all into a list. Hope you enjoy reading a sample of them.
Learning leads to wonder!
Image Credit: Science Logo watercolor by J. Dianne Dotson Copyright 2018