Hello all, and Happy December to you!
Have you looked outside tonight at the supermoon? I do hope so. Our moon’s elliptical orbit becomes noticeable when it swings closest to Earth. That’s really all the supermoon is, and it’s a common occurrence. It is, however, lovely to look at, and it’s fun to cherish this simple joy of nature. Incidentally, there are two more upcoming supermoons, one on January 1, 2018, and the other on January 31, 2018. You can read more about supermoons on the NASA website.
Things are quiet on the writing front, as I shift gears into holiday mode. I am tidying up some short stories, outlining new ideas, and approaching plans for the upcoming new year.
Meanwhile, in the spirit of the season of giving, I’m giving you some super muffins. Blueberry muffins!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Grated rind of a whole orange
- 1 1/2 cups frozen wild blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (low fat or skim is fine)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Add blueberries and toss with flour mixture.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add melted butter and milk. Stir into blueberry mixture, just until blended.
- Scoop into greased muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I hope that you enjoy these muffins. I make them regularly. And if you want a seasonal twist, you can substitute fresh cranberries, and even throw in white chocolate chips along with them!
Wishing all of you goodness and light.